OP Mentoring Programme
The Old Pocklingtonian Mentoring Scheme is one of the best ways the OP Association can help students by offering an insight into the experiences of OPs working in the industry they are looking to join. The scheme gives younger OPs the opportunity to have a one-to-one connection with an OP, to help them develop their skills and make informed decisions about their future.
What is mentoring?
Mentoring is a relationship through which learning and development occurs. It can be an effective way to provide extra support, encouragement and motivation to someone who wants to succeed.
The OP mentoring scheme is a great opportunity for OPs to access the knowledge of someone who has experience, insight and hindsight. Our mentors are all OPs who wish to give something back to current university students and recent graduates, and share their experiences of opportunities after graduation. All are volunteers and are willing to build a one-to-one relationship with you to help achieve your mentoring goals, for example:
- Gain an insight into different roles, organisations and sectors
- Prepare for graduate recruitment and the application process
- Help the mentee identify their skills, abilities and qualities
- Build confidence and offer objective feedback to help improve any areas of weakness
- Opportunity of workplace visits or work shadowing
Find out more
If you would like to get involved in the OP mentoring programme either as a mentor or a mentee, please contact Rachel in the OP Office who will give you further details and get you started.